Sunday, December 17, 2006

The Ornament Exchange 2006

I was able to take part in an Ornament Exchange this year, arranged by my friend Shelley, and it was SO much fun! WE could make our ornaments or buy them, didnt matter, and we met at a local Cafe to exchange them!

I made ornaments, out of Glass ornaments purchased at Michaels. I glued and glittered some 12X12 Paper, and cut it into strips that I curled up and tucked into the balls. After replacing the topper, I tied on a burgundy Bow, and made little accordian Flowers. I embossed Silver on the top edges and glittered a Dimensional and stuck to center. This finished off the top.


So we met at the Wooden Hog in town for coffee and dessert. I had a CoffeeNog and a slice of Key Lime Cheesecake.




After our desserts were enjoyed, we started exchanging ornaments. They were all so Wonderful! There were some lovely boughten ones that were perfect for the people they were chosen for. And there were some amazing home made ones that you could tell took a lot of time and effort. They were all awesome!

Presentation is Very important! It occurred to me (durrgggh ok it occurred to Shelley) that to get these ornaments home safely, they needed to be properly bagged. I made bagalopes for mine and tied them with Raffia. They looked very cute!
Anticipation...I hoped they liked them LOL

And they DID like them :)

What a wonderful idea, ornaments are great additions to my collection!

3 comments:

Gaspegirl said...

Another awesome idea! Love it! I think that it is great that you are doing these exchanges so you can share your creations with others! (would you like my address? lol)

Scrappytbear said...

Exchanges really are an awesome way to share everyone's ideas and an excuse for some coffee and snacks LOLOL I am betting the ornament would break when you try to put it through the envelope slot in the door hehhhe!

Nancywithajones said...

OH HOW COOL we need to do more of the exchanges here I guess Maybe id get off my you know what and do something.... but NO one here exchanges anything rofl