Sunday, April 27, 2008

Cuba Experience 6: Leaving

The night before we left, we went to the last show. It was an extremely busy, exciting show. There were lots of dances and singing, and The dancers were so impressive, wish I could show just how good they were!!\
We dressed up for dinner again, last night and all..

Scott's special friend Lizandra, who called him the King of NO because everytime she saw him she tried to get him to dance, and he always said NO. I know exactly what she means. He does say no in a very mean way, so he danced ith her that night.

The finale of the show, with much to see. Dont quite get all the costumes, but it was pretty neat to see all the dancing :):):)

the last day was a long, unreal day. It seemed like the week had passed so fast, and nothing seemed as tho it had happened. I still could not believe we were there, and we were leaving!

We didnt leave the resort until 5 pm, so we had the last day to wander around. we had limited time in the rooms, lol so we only were at the pool for awhile before we had to shower and be clean :)

we walked on the beach really early, not really wanting to leave it. :) it was HOT!



The building where we had lunch most often. The beach Bar.


After we had showered and checked out of all the rooms, there wasnt a whole lot to do but sit in the lobby. At least we had a good seating area :) We had arranged a cab to take us to the airport rather than the shuttle so that we could book really good seats :) so we were waiting.
The View out of the lobby.

The Skylight in the lobby

View from the third floor of our building.

Scott and I decided we had time for one more walk on the beach. It was so hard to think of leaving here! We walked a long way down, the tide was mostly out, we saw some strange huge birds that we had watched all week and still have not figured out what they were. We saw the boat go out that pulls the parachute with people on it, we saw the funny glider boat again. We saw a wedding going on I think at the resort next door. And we walked.

Scott telling me to move my butt, it was time to get off the beach, time to head for the lobby, find our cab, get to the airport early early so we could get the good seats :):):)
The cab and driver. I am telling you, this was on scary car. No window wind downs on the inside, no springs and shocks from what I could tell. it was frightening, adding to that the way everyone drives, the cows all over the roads, pulling in and around other drivers who dont have any more rules than we did...It was Fun! There was some rain coming in the distance, by the time we got to the airport it was raining nicely.

Going through customs was scary again, we didn't hide anything (much) but the formality of it all makes one instantly feel guilty. But we got to the other side after stressfully checking into our Exit Row seats, and went upstairs.

Here is Sarah when we are happily waiting the plane, the trip home.

The view down the airport, where we were waiting. we should have only had a short wait, an hour or two.

Sarah after we discovered that our plane had turned back to Toronto and wasnt on its way. We waited for HOURS. And it was So cold in the terminal...air conditioning gone mad I think, and we could not go outside to warm up, and we could not get warm I shivered for like 6 hours.

We were in a total time crunch. The plane coming from Toronto had engine troubles and had to go all the way back to Toronto to change planes. Or something. And we had to get off Cuba by 1 am, or we would not have been allowed to take off until 7 the next morning due to some sort of airspace restrictions. We left at 12:55 am. And we had a connecting flight to make. And We were not supposed to land in TO during the night, Im not sure I understand that one but someone said the airline would have to pay a fine for having landed in the middle of the night.

We slept some on the plane and watched movies, it was a nice flight.

On the plane in TO, it's now my birthday and I was sleepy and anxious to get home to the kids and all, so relieved to be ON the correct flight.

Pulling away from the gate for our last flight before landing at home.

Sunrise on the plane was kinda neat, not near as nice as the beach but it was kind of nice to watch :):)

And full circle back to planet Nova Scotia and the cold reality of daily Grind. I was THRILLED to see the kids but so so missing the beach! I think I can face it now because summer is finally almost here, and I can imagine being warm and happy again lol

This is long and drawn out but kind of intended to be a bit of a "journal" that I will be scrapbooking these photos from. I will be adding things as I go along but if you made it this far, thanks for reading!!!!

1 comment:

Jodi said...

Lovely pictures! Looked and sounded like you had a great time. Excluding the wait in the airport for the plane.